I couldn't find the seafood seasoning so used Italian seasoning and used dried parsley. Good flavor and easy for a weeknight meal. A definite repeat.
Corn and Potato Chowder
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 53.3g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 654mg
- Calcium: 219mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups prechopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and 3/4 cup green onions, and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Increase heat to high; add corn, water, seafood seasoning, thyme, red pepper, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in half-and-half, chopped parsley, and salt. Place about 1 1/2 cups soup in each of 4 bowls; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon green onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note