I can't even begin to say how good this recipe is. My husband literally licked his plate clean. He now asks for this on a regular basis. Good thing he likes to grill for me. It's time consuming, but worth EVERY minute!
Grilled Corn, Poblano, and Black Bean Salad
Here's a great side for grilled meats and fish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 209mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 ears shucked corn
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large poblano chile
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Brush corn with 2 teaspoons oil. Place green onions, avocado, bell pepper, poblano, and corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onions 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Grill avocado 2 minutes on each side or until well marked. Grill bell pepper 6 minutes on each side or until blackened; peel. Grill poblano 9 minutes on each side or until blackened; peel. Grill corn 12 minutes or until beginning to brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- 3. Cut kernels from ears of corn; place in a large bowl. Chop onion, bell pepper, and poblano; add to bowl. Add remaining 4 teaspoons oil, cilantro, juice, cumin, salt, black pepper, and beans to bowl; toss well. Cut avocado into thin slices; place on top of salad.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note