really great. Made the dough in a bread machine. Used a reduced fat chedder from Trader Joes - was a great meal. I served it intended to be a side with a fresh red and green tomato soup, but I think I might prefer it as a main course with a salad. We loved it.
Corn, Pattypan Squash, and Cheddar Flatbreads
Pattypan is a small, round variety of summer squash with a scalloped edge.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 flatbread)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 563
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated fat: 9.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 22.5g
- Carbohydrate: 78.4g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 869mg
- Calcium: 347mg
- Flatbread Dough
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 cups sliced pattypan or yellow squash (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare Flatbread Dough; let rise and shape into 4 ovals on baking sheets as directed. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add corn, squash, jalapeño, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onions; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper. Stir in 3 tablespoons cilantro. Divide the vegetable mixture and cheese evenly among 4 flatbread dough ovals. Bake the flatbread at 475° for 12 minutes or until crust is browned. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note