Corn Light Bread
Unlike the typical crusty cornbread, this bread has a cakelike texture.
This recipe goes with Turkey Sandwiches With Cranberry Salsa
Yield: 1 (9-inch) loaf
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon self-rising cornmeal, divided
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Grease a 9- x 5-inch loafpan, and sprinkle pan lightly with 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
- Combine 2 cups cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add remaining ingredients, stirring until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This