Corn, Ham and Scallion Frittata
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
Yield: Serves: 6
Cost per Serving: $1.62
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 337mg
- Sodium: 783mg
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ham steak, about 7 oz.
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 scallions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1. Position oven rack about 8 inches from broiler and preheat broiler to high. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add ham; sauté until just beginning to turn golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Add corn and thyme and sauté until corn is warmed through, about 2 minutes longer. Reduce heat to medium-low, pour in egg mixture, top with scallions and cheese and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stop stirring and cook undisturbed until bottom is just firm, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Transfer skillet to oven and broil until top is set and edges are barely beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes, watching carefully to prevent overcooking. Remove from oven, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note