Corn Fritters with Salsa
Gourmet September 2000
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) pickled jalapeno chile chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 ear(s) corn shucked
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) yello cornmeal
- 2.5 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Make Salsa:
- Stir together all ingrediants, season s&p to taste.
- Make Fritters:
- Cut corn kernals from ears and scrape cobs to extract juice, discard cobs. Whisk together egg and milk until smooth, stir in cornmeal, flour and salt. Stir in corn, including juice.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then drop in 2 tbsp batter each for 4 fritters. Fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Make more fritters in same manner, adding oil as necessary.
- Serve fritters with salsa & sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note