We've made this recipe multiple times. It's basic and good. We like it with apple butter as a relish.
This recipe goes with Sautéed Pork with Sweet Onion Relish and Corn Fritters
Yield: 3 fritters
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon stick margarine or butter
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat egg white in a medium bowl at high speed of a mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white into corn mixture. Melt margarine in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon about 1/3 cup corn mixture per fritter into skillet, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick fritter. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables