The secret to this delectable flan is straining the mixture before baking.
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels(about 8 ears)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (1.2-ounce) envelopes demi-glace sauce mix
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Process corn in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add half-and-half and next 3 ingredients; process until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Pour mixture into 8 (6-ounce) buttered custard cups or ramekins. Place cups in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Add hot water to dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. Remove custards from water, and cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Invert onto plates.
- Prepare demi-glace sauce according to package directions.
- Process parsley and oil in blender until smooth. Serve demi-glace sauce and parsley oil with corn flan.
- Note: For demi-glace sauce mix we used Knorr brand.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This