Corn Dogs and Taters
- 16 (8-inch) wooden sticks, divided
- 8 hot dogs
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peanut oil
- Insert a stick into each hot dog, leaving about a 3-inch handle; set aside.
- Thread potatoes onto remaining sticks.
- Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients; pour into a tall glass.
- Pour peanut oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large skillet; heat to 350°.
- Dip hot dogs in batter, covering well.
- Fry hot dogs and potatoes, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with mustard or ketchup.
- Note: Substitute 1 (8-ounce) package hush puppy mix and 3/4 cup milk or 1 (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix, 1 large egg, and 1/3 cup milk for flour through vegetable oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note