- 2/3 cup masa harina (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho or chipotle chile powder
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa verde, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- calories 54
- fat 2 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 0.4 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 2.7 g
- carbohydrate 6.8 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 120 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
To prepare cups, weigh or lightly spoon masa harina into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine masa, salt, and chile powder in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 6 tablespoons warm water and 4 teaspoons melted butter; stir thoroughly to combine. Turn dough out onto a clean surface; knead lightly 1 minute. Cover dough; let rest 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap; cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap. Cut 24 rounds from dough using a 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Coat 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray. Place 1 dough round in each muffin cup, gently pressing into bottom and up sides of cup. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until crisp and dry. Cool in pans on a wire rack. Remove corn cups from pans.
To prepare salad, combine chopped cooked shrimp, corn kernels, salsa verde, finely chopped celery, chopped green onions, and reduced-fat mayonnaise; cover with plastic wrap, and chill 20 minutes. Spoon 2 teaspoons salsa shrimp salad into each corn cup.