- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) water plus 1/8 more
- sift meal and salt. Bring water to a boil with the fat and beat thoroughly into the meal. Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased baking sheet and form into a rectangle about 3/8 inch thick and approximately 6 x 9 inches.
- Using the side of the hand, pat longways across the dough to make 12 slight, parallel furrows on top.
- Bake in 325 degree oven about 40 minutes. Turn carefully and bake for another 25 more minutes, until golden brown and crisp throughout. Turn back over (furrow side up now) and dot top of cake heavily with butter. Run under a broiler until toasted and butter is bubbling in the furrows.
- variation: Add 2/3 - 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes to the mix and cook as directed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ConnieMahan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn Crisp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads