Fabulous soup. I little sweeter than I expected, but family ate it up.
Corn Chowder with Shrimp
Make a creamy corn chowder even better with the addition of fresh shrimp, carrot, and red bell pepper.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 16-oz. bags frozen corn
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine chicken broth, corn, onion, bell pepper, carrots, potatoes, bay leaf, 1 cup water and 1 tsp. salt in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, about 6 hours.
- 2. Puree 3 cups of soup in a blender and return to slow cooker. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp are pink and firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in cream, if desired, and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note