Corn Chowder With Crab and Cilantro
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 511mg
- Calcium: 179mg
- 4 bacon slices (uncooked)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced (about 1/4-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large soup pot. Remove bacon from the pot and place it on a paper towel to drain.
- 2. Add the onion, celery, and fresh thyme to the soup pot; cook 3–4 minutes until softened.
- 3. Whisk the milk and flour together; add to the pot. Add the chicken broth and potatoes, and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through and the soup is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Chop the bacon.
- 5. Add the corn and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the crab, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and bacon; cook 2 minutes until heated through. Serve with crackers or flatbread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews