- 4 bacon slices (uncooked)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced (about 1/4-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- calories 276
- fat 6 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 57 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 511 mg
- calcium 179 mg
How to Make It
Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large soup pot. Remove bacon from the pot and place it on a paper towel to drain.
Add the onion, celery, and fresh thyme to the soup pot; cook 3–4 minutes until softened.
Whisk the milk and flour together; add to the pot. Add the chicken broth and potatoes, and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through and the soup is thickened, about 15 minutes.
Chop the bacon.
Add the corn and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the crab, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and bacon; cook 2 minutes until heated through. Serve with crackers or flatbread, if desired.