Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 package(s) loose-packed frozed whole kernel corn thawed & divided
- 2 cup(s) water
- 3 Maggi chicken flavor bouillon cubes
- 1 can(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh rosemary chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan, add onion, stirring constantly until tender. Add 4 cups corn, cook, stirring occassionally, until tender. Add water and bouillon, cook, stirring frequently, for 15 min or until corn is very soft.
- Place corn mixture in blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining corn, evaporated milk, bell pepper and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 min or until chowder is thick and bell pepper is tender. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Note: For a Southwestern-style twist to this recipe, add 1 can diced green chilies with the bell pepper, and eliminate rosemary, stir in 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews