Corn Cakes with Fresh Tomato Salsa
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1/4 cup(s) red onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) zesty italian dressing
- 1 box(es) 8.5 oz corn muffin mix
- 6 tablespoon(s) flour divided
- 1 large egg yolk slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoon(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) corn
- 1 cup(s) scallions chopped
- 1 cup(s) white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- In a med bowl, combine cherry tomatoes,diced avocado,red onions,cilantro and zesty italian dressing. Let sit 15 mins to belnd flavors.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine corn-muffin mix and 2 tbs flour. Stir in egg yolk, milk,corn,scallions and cheddar cheese. Shape mixture into balls (about 2 tbs ea). Lightly coat in 4 tbs flour.
- In a large skillet over med-low heat, cook balls in oil in batches 8 min or until golden brown,pressing lightly to flatten and turning once. Drain corn cakes on paper towels, Serve corn cakes with tomatoe salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn Cakes with Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers