12/31/2013. These were really good. I made a few mods, such as using regular corn + milk for the creamed corn--worked just fine. The assembly is less fussy than than I thought it would be so the time estimate of an 1 hour + was generous. This would make an awesome special brunch presentation by making full size muffins and adding a bit of whipped cream to the creme fraiche to make 'icing'
Mini Corn Cakes with Smoked Salmon and Dill Crème Fraîche
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (8.25-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup plain white cornmeal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (4-oz.) packages thinly sliced smoked salmon, flaked
- Garnish: fresh dill weed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together first 7 ingredients until smooth. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful corn mixture into each cup of a well-greased 24-cup miniature muffin pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir together crème fraîche, dill, and lemon juice. Top muffins with crème fraîche and salmon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This