- 1 loaf corn bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (use our recipe at Health.com, or your favorite mix)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking
- 2 large (about 4 cups) chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 190
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 163 mg
- calcium 65 mg
How to Make It
If time allows, leave corn bread out for a day to become stale. If not, bake in a roasting pan for 20 minutes at 300°, shaking pan occasionally.
Toast nuts in a large skillet over medium heat until aromatic (about 5 minutes), shaking pan occasionally; transfer to a bowl. Heat oil in pan; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent (5-10 minutes). Add onion, corn bread, and next 5 ingredients to bowl with nuts.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray. Place corn bread mixture in dish; cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake another 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned and stuffing is thoroughly heated. Serve with turkey and gravy.