these are so much better than cornbread! So moist!
Corn Bread Bites
This recipe also makes a dozen muffins in a standard muffin tin; bake 17 minutes or until golden brown. You also can double the recipe and freeze the extra muffins for up to one month. If you do this, prepare the muffins in two batches so the baking powder doesn't lose its effectiveness while the extra batter waits for the first batch to be turned out of the pans.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 108
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Combine cheese and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in cups 2 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note