Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) corn (frozen or canned, drained)
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cup(s) milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) melted butter or oil
- 1 egg
- Grease a 9x13" pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir in corn and cheese.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and melted butter or oil.
- Stir milk mixture into cornmeal mixture, just until combined. If batter is too thick, a little extra milk can be stirred in. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until browned and firm in the center. Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CynthMic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note