If you're thinking about eating more vegetarian meals, this is a great start! You won't miss meat with this filling and delicious burrito. I think I may add a little brown rice and onion the next time I make it, but it really is delicious as is!
Corn, Black Bean and Pepper Jack Burritos
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 1529mg
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 14-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 ounces low-fat pepper Jack, shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat until warm and soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and keep wrapped until ready to use.
- 2. While tortillas are heating, warm vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in black beans, corn and cherry tomatoes and cook until completely heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Season with salt to taste.
- 3. Place a tortilla on counter. Spoon 1/4 of filling along center of tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 of cheese. Fold sides in over filling, then roll up tortilla to enclose. Repeat with remaining tortillas, filling and cheese. Cut burritos in half on diagonal. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes