This was a really good weeknight meal. The flavors melded together well, it was very easy to make and was filling. I used flour tortillas (prefer them to corn) and fresh corn, and dolloped each tostada with some salsa. I will definitely keep this for a quick after-work dinner.
Corn, Avocado and Black Bean Tostadas
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Suzette Kaminski
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 12g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 812mg
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange tortillas on a baking sheet, mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until beginning to crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2. While tortillas are toasting, combine beans, corn, avocado, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Top tortillas, still on baking sheet, with some bean and corn mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar.
- 3. Turn oven to broil and broil tostadas until cheese has melted and is beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes