- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- calories 369
- fat 19 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 12 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- sodium 812 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange tortillas on a baking sheet, mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until beginning to crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
While tortillas are toasting, combine beans, corn, avocado, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Top tortillas, still on baking sheet, with some bean and corn mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar.
Turn oven to broil and broil tostadas until cheese has melted and is beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.