Photo: Brown Cannon III; Styling: Vanessa McNeil Roccio
Chill salad up to 24 hours ahead before adding the avocado.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds assorted small heirloom cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 (1-oz.) package fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Toss corn with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and spread in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Combine corn, tomatoes, and next 2 ingredients.
- 2. Whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add tomato mixture, and toss to coat. Gently stir in avocado. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with basil just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note