Corn and Arugula Salad
NOTES: To cut kernels off ears of corn, pull off husks and silks; rinse ears. Hold each upright in a deep bowl; cut off kernels close to cob. Crush coriander seeds (step 3) up to 2 days ahead; store in a zip-lock plastic bag at room temperature. Make dressing (step 1) up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Prepare the vegetables and mix the salad (step 2) up to 4 hours ahead; cover and chill.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 or 5 ears; see notes)
- 12 ounces radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula leaves (about 8 cups), rinsed and crisped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, shallots, mustard, and salt until thick and emulsified. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add corn kernels and cook for 1 minute; drain, rinse with cold water until cool, and drain again. In a large bowl, combine corn, radishes, and arugula.
- 3. In a mortar, lightly crush coriander seeds (or place seeds in a zip-lock plastic bag and crush with a mallet or rolling pin).
- 4. Pour dressing over the arugula mixture and gently mix to coat. Sprinkle salad with crushed coriander seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note