Really a good solid recipe. Very tasty!!
More From Southern Living
Other: 16 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 12.5g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 803mg
- Calcium: 244mg
- 1 large poblano pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (20-ounce) tube frozen creamed corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Garnishes: thinly sliced jalapeño pepper strips, ground black pepper
- Broil poblano pepper halves, skin side up, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 6 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes or until pepper looks blistered. Fold aluminum foil over pepper to seal, and let stand 10 minutes. Peel pepper; remove and discard seeds. Coarsely chop pepper; set aside.
- Bring creamed corn and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring mixture constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring often, 10 minutes.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups chicken broth into mixture. Whisk in softened cream cheese and chopped poblano pepper; cook, whisking often, 5 minutes or until cream cheese melts and mixture is thoroughly heated. Whisk in additional chicken broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency; garnish, if desired. Serve chowder immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews