Fantastic alternative to traditional salsa. This a great recipe and I find it tastes best after 2 days (recipe recommends letting sit for 8 hours). Cans of field peas and shoepeg are tricky to find in my area, but it's definitely worth the effort. This recipe has been a stand-by in my office and now in my social circle. De-lish!
Corn-and-Field Pea Dip
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans field peas with snaps, rinsed and drained
- 2 (11-ounce) cans white shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 green onions, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle zesty Italian dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill 8 hours. Drain before serving. Serve with corn chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note