Corn and Crab Chowder
Let Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 16-ounce bag(s) frozen petite white corn (do not thaw), divided
- 1 cup(s) low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 8-ounce bottle(s) clam juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) (1/4 stick) butter
- 4 ounce(s) cooked crabmeat, flaked
- Reserve 1/4 cup corn. Bring remaining corn and milk to boil in medium saucepan. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Puree mixture in blender. Add clam juice, 3 tablespoons green onions, and 1 teaspoon ginger; puree again until almost smooth. Return puree to saucepan; bring to simmer. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add reserved 1/4 cup corn; sauté 1 minute. Add crab, 1 tablespoon green onions, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 3 teaspoons lemon juice; stir just until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls; mound crab mixture in center.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note