Corn and Cheese Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 pd bacon cut in 1/8th
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/2 bay leaf crumbled
- 2 TBs flour
- 1 can whole corn
- 1 can mexican corn
- 3 cups milk
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Monterery Jack cheese
- Fry bacon,remove from pan. Pour off all but 3tbs fat. Add onion, elery, green pepper and bay leaf. Saute about 8 minutes or until tender. Mix in flour, add undrained corn, milk, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until soup comes to a boil and slightly thickened.
- Just before serving, stir in 1 cup cheese. Pass remaining cheese and bacon to spoon on top.
- Cathy- I add more celery, whole ground pepper, more cans of corn, 1 each and red &/or yellow pepper.
- 1 1/2 quarts. 4 dinner servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jan's-recipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn and Cheese Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews