Great side dish and a snap to put together. We l-o-v-e cumin so in it went. Lots of cumin and some red pepper. No leftovers. Super option for the summer when you might worry about mayonnaise-based dishes.
Add flavor to canned black beans and whole kernel corn by stirring in a vinaigrette of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lime juice, and then adding orange bell pepper, cilantro and jalapeño.
Yield: Makes 6 cups
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 large orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add beans and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat. Cover and let stand 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers