Corn and Basil Tart
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) half and half
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh corn kernels, about 3 ears
- 1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1. For cornmeal crust, in medium bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat until combined. Beat in 1 egg until combined. Add in cornmeal and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour. Form dough into a disc and wrap in plastic. Chill 30 to 60 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat dough onto bottom and sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press evenly onto bottom and sides with a small glass (see note). Line pastry with double thickness of foil and bake 10 minutes; remove foil. Bake 4 to 6 minutes more.
- 3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl whisk together 2 eggs and half-and-half. Stir in corn, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan to serve. Sprinkle with tomato and additional basil. Makes 8 servings.
- from the test kitchen
- Note Note: To assure even baking, lightly press dough on bottom and up sides of the tart pan. Using the side of a small glass, roll the crust smooth on the bottom. Holding the glass upright gently press dough to the sides of the pan for a uniform edge.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ConniePeters and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn and Basil Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch