"It's surprising how often even accomplished cooks are wary of making their own salad dressings and settle for bottled ones. My daughters, Lori and Tracy, came up with a recipe that's so easy, yet always garners raves."
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 rounded teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Champagne, sherry, or red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces mesclun salad mix
- 1/2 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Crumbled Gorgonzola, to taste
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a glass jar; cover, and shake until well blended.
- 2. Toss greens with desired amount of dressing in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sliced pear, cranberries, and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note