- 1 pound rotini (corkscrews)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, or 2 tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled plum tomatoes
How to Make It
Cook the corkscrews according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium-size saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and half the herbs; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Simmer over medium-high heat, uncovered, for 6 minutes; stir occasionally.
Remove pan from heat. Mash tomatoes with a potato masher or a wooden spoon. Return to heat; add remaining herbs. Bring sauce to a boil before serving, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Toss with or spoon over rotini.