This is one of my family's favorite recipes! It is outstanding! Don't overcook the tuna. The combination of flavors is amazing!
Coriander-Crusted Tuna with Black Bean Salsa
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
This Southwestern tuna has a spicy crust made with coriander, cumin, and black pepper. Serve with warm flour tortillas, and garnish with sliced avocado. .
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 tuna steak and about 3/4 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 43.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 501mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced plum tomato (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine coriander, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine tomato and next 5 ingredients (through beans) in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and toss well. Serve salsa with fish. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This