- 3 1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (13.66-oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
How to Make It
Trim excess fat from ribs. Stir together brown sugar and next 5 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture over ribs, pressing to adhere. Brown ribs on all sides, in batches, in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place in a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 6-qt. slow cooker.
Wipe skillet clean. Cook onion in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce and coconut milk, stirring to release any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over ribs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 5 hours or until pork is tender.
Transfer ribs to a serving platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Pour liquid from slow cooker through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Skim fat from liquid.
Transfer liquid to a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Stir in lime juice. Serve with ribs.