Cordon Bleu Ladyfingers
Community Recipe from
- 3 Eggs Separated
- 6 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) Cake flour Sifted
- 6 tablespoon(s) Confectioner's sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then brush 2 baking sheets with softened butter and line with parchment paper.
- 2. Beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Gradually beat in the ganulated sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form again; the meringue will be glossy and smooth..
- 4. Lightly beat the egg yolks with a fork, and fold into the meringue with a wooden spoon.
- 5. Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in gently.
- 6. Pipe the ladyfingers: Fit the pastry bag with the large plain tip and fill with the ladyfinger batter.
- 7. Pipe strips of batter 5 in. long and 3/4 in. wide diagonally onto the baking sheets, leaving 1 to 2 in. between each strip.
- 8. Sprinkle half the confectioner's sugar over the ladyfingers; wait 5 minutes and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- 9. Holding the parchment paper in place with your thumb, lift one side of the baking sheet and gently tap it on the work surface to remove excess confectioner's sugar.
- 10. Bake without opening the oven door for 10 min.
- 11. Then, rotate the baking sheet so the ladyfingers color evenly.
- 12. Cook until lightly golden, about 5 more minutes.
- 13. Remove the ladyfingers from the baking sheet with a metal spatula while still hot, and let cool on a rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jillbrown and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note