- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat, low-salt ham, cut in half
- 3 (1 1/4-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- calories 340
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 8.6 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 45.4 g
- carbohydrate 16.3 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 102 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 594 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange chicken in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Combine mushrooms, soup, and broth. Spoon mixture over chicken. Top with stuffing mix; coat well with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Tip: This dish is a casserole version of classic chicken cordon bleu in which a thin piece of chicken is topped with a slice of prosciutto, a slice of Swiss cheese, and another slice of chicken. The stacked chicken is then breaded and sautéed until golden.