- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 (4-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 (4-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 3 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- calories 353
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 4.4 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 34.2 g
- carbohydrate 28.7 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 106 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 869 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Remove the chicken from marinade, reserving marinade, and pat chicken dry. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in flour; set aside.
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add half of chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove chicken from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
Remove onion and carrot from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade. Add onion and carrot to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in marinade, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add chicken, bacon, dried plums, and bay leaves; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Discard bay leaves. Garnish with parsley, if desired.