Copycat La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) canned whole tomatoes crushed
- 4 cup(s) tomato juice (or part veg part chic stock)
- 12-14 basil leaves fresh
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 pound(s) sweet unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- lemon juice (optional)
- 1. Combine tomatoes, juice/and or stock in saucepan
- 2. Simmer 30 minutes
- 3. In a blener or food processor, puree, including the basil leaves, in small batches. Return to saucepan and add cream and butter, while stirring over low heat. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.
- For a less watery soup, use less of the tomato juice/stock and don't puree too long.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KRFORD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note