This was a great recipe over all. I tried a previous reviewer's suggestion and pureed the cucumber. *Seed the cucumber first or it will make the yogurt too runny.* I like the flavor but found a little went a long way.
Cool Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds*
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro sprigs, cucumber slices
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
- *1/2 teaspoon ground cumin may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads