Cookie Dough Truffles
Here's a new indulgence--chocolate chip cookie dough in candy form, wrapped in a chocolate shell.
Yield: 4 1/2 dozen.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg substitute and vanilla; beat well. Add flour to butter mixture; beat well. Stir in miniature chocolate morsels and chopped pecans. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 1" balls. Cover and freeze balls until very firm.
- Place (12-ounce) package morsels and shortening in a 1-quart glass bowl; melt in microwave according to package directions. Using two forks, quickly dip frozen truffles into melted chocolate, coating completely. Place on wax paper to harden. Store truffles in refrigerator 2 to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts