this is fantastic, guest loved it. easy and freezes.
Cookie Biscotti Sticks
Liven up your next coffee break with these extravagant cookie sticks. They're impressive in size and mimic biscotti in length and crunch.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Stir together brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Gently stir in oats. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13" x 9" pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 375° for 20 to 22 minutes or until browned.
- Melt together chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels, and shortening in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter. Spread over baked cookie crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm. (Or pop them in the freezer to speed cooling. Just be sure to let them stand 5 minutes at room temperature before cutting.)
- Lift uncut cookies out of pan using foil as handles. Cut crosswise into approximately 1"-thick sticks using a large chef's knife. Wrap in cellophane bags or plastic wrap for gift giving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note