Cooked Buttercream Frosting
Don't substitute margarine for the light butter in this recipe. The texture and taste will not be the same.
This recipe goes with Red Velvet Cake
Yield: 2 1/3 cups
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons light butter, chilled
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook milk and flour in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat 2 1/2 minutes or until very thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill thoroughly.
- Beat butter and chilled flour mixture at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar, and beat just until blended (do not overbeat). Stir in vanilla; cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts