- 2 pound(s) pork roast
- 1 large white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) chunky peanut butter
- 1. Cup pork into 1 inch cubes. Peel and chop the onion into 1/4 inch pieces. Remove the stems and seeds from the green pepper and chop into 1/4 inch pieces. Peel and mince the garlic. Chop the plum tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 2. Brown the pork in a large skillet at medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, curry powder, coriander, cumin, black pepper and crushed red pepper; stir well and cook for one minute. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker. Add the ginger, cinnamon, salt, bay leaf, chicken broth and tomato paste. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- 3. Add the peanut butter and stir well to blend. Stir in the chopped tomato and bell pepper. Cover and cook on low setting for one hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PeggyCourtright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note