Community Recipe from
- 2/3 cup(s) margarine
- 1 pound(s) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) magic baking powder
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 package(s) chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Mix dry ingredients including chocolate chips. If chocolate chips don't get coated with flour, they drop to the bottom of the squares.
- Melt margarine and brown sugar in sauce pan. Let cool. Add eggs and cream.
- Add dry ingredients.
- NOTE: if mixture is not cool enough, when you add chocolate chips, they will melt.
- Put in 11 by 15 " pan and bake in oven for 25 to 30 minute until edges are light brown. You can test with a tooth pick near center to ensure fully cooked.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ScottWhite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Congo Squares Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes