Congealed Waldorf Salad
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 132
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 73mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Red Delicious apple
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dry-roasted unsalted cashews
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (3-ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces Neufcha@Gtel cheese, softened
- 1 cup skim milk
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 2 cups cold water in a large saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat; stir in juices. Chill gelatin mixture 1 1/2 hours or until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold apple, celery, raisins, and cashews into gelatin mixture. Pour half of mixture into an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover and chill until firm. Keep remaining mixture at room temperature.
- Combine lemon-flavored gelatin and boiling water in a small bowl, stirring 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
- Place cheese in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add skim milk, beating well. Add lemon-flavored gelatin mixture, and beat well. Let cool to room temperature. Pour over congealed apple-gelatin mixture. Cover and chill just until firm.
- Spoon remaining apple-gelatin mixture over cheese mixture. Cover and chill until firm. To serve, cut into rectangles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note