- 1 (16-ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- Garnish: fresh cherries (optional)
How to Make It
Drain all fruit into a bowl; stir well. Reserve 1 1/2 cups fruit juice mixture; set fruit aside. Bring reserved juice mixture to a boil in a saucepan. Add gelatin and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in cold water. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
Fold in fruit and pecans. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 6-cup mold. Cover and chill until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate. Garnish, if desired.
Note: To unmold with ease, run a knife around edge of mold to break the suction. Gently pull salad away from sides of mold using fingers. Wrap mold in a damp, warm dish towel. Place a serving platter on top of mold and invert. Remove mold.