More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Carbohydrate: 55.4g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 11.9mg
- Sodium: 742mg
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package yellow rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded (about 32 mussels)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Combine water, bay leaf, and quartered onion in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Add mussels; cover and simmer 6 minutes or until shells open. Remove pan from heat; drain mussels. Discard any unopened shells. Remove top half of shell from each mussel; discard. Place mussels on a serving platter; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Add bell pepper, chopped onion, and jalapeño pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- Spoon 1 cup rice into 4 shallow soup bowls. Divide mussels evenly among bowls of rice. Sprinkle pepper mixture evenly over mussels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine