I made this the other night and really enjoyed it. I added chopped carrots and zucchini to the mix and also used the spicy FF refried beans. I didn't mix the refried beans into the sweet potato mixture. Instead, I spread the tortillas with it before stuffing them and then spread a little to help keep the burritos closed. I added about a half packet of spicy taco seasoning to the veggie mix to give it a little more punch. I was prepared to eat two burritos (I worry about getting hungry later when I eat vegetarian meals), but with a side of 1/2 cup white rice tossed with extra lime juice and cilantro, one burrito was plenty!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 328mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 2 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 3/4 cup drained canned black beans, partially mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine sweet potato and broth in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat; cover and cook 7 minutes or until tender. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice; simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Combine sweet potato mixture and refried beans in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1/2 cup sweet potato mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Place burritos in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon salsa. Sprinkle each burrito with 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Confetti-Stuffed Burritos Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles