- 2 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 3/4 cup drained canned black beans, partially mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- calories 251
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 8.1 g
- carbohydrate 46.4 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 328 mg
- calcium 87 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine sweet potato and broth in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat; cover and cook 7 minutes or until tender. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice; simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Combine sweet potato mixture and refried beans in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1/2 cup sweet potato mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Place burritos in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon salsa. Sprinkle each burrito with 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.